Four Seasons Farmhouse
From 30 points
Four Seasons Farmhouse became a holiday-home in 2000.
Before, it was the owners’ family home, for four generations, ever since great-grandfather bought it.
This Farmhouse, going back in time, was almost certainly a refreshment point on the Via Francigena.
Here the pilgrims stopped to eat. They received treatments and assistance in the hospital opposite the house.
The ancient external walls are made of local stone contrasting with the charme of the interior: there the modern and the practical furniture sets side by side with antique and family heirlooms.
Outside there is a large flowery garden with sunny and shady areas. There is even an arbor and under it a travertine table to eat in the open air. There is a barbecue to roast meat, a sofa and the armchairs. Under the shade of an old tree, there is a stone bench.
The swimming pool is nestled at the end of the garden; it has a big solarium well equipped with umbrellas, sun beds and loungers.
- Spring room: this room has the colors of the Spring, the time of rebirth. Purple rosebuds decorate the light green walls. There is a large canopy bed ( 190 x 160) with white curtains and a little writing-table. The room has an ensuite bathroom with cubicle shower and marble top washbasin. There is mosquito screen and a large ceiling fun. Sleeps 2. On request it is possible to add two single beds.
- Winter room: the winter brings snow and ice. The walls of this bedroom remind us of the opalescent white snow. However the atmosphere inside is not cold but cozy and welcoming. In this room there are some interesting pieces of furniture which have belonged to owners’ family for years. The head-board is a part of the old iron gate of the house and one of the bedside tables is an old terracotta vase which their forefathers used to store olive oil. Bed 190 x 160. is a spacious wardrobe, a little desk, a large ceiling fun and a mosquito screen at the window. There is an ensuite bathroom with shower. Sleeps 2.
- Autumn room: this room has the colors of the grape-harvest and of the falling leaves. The leaves even decorate the canopy above the bed (190 x 150 cm). The walls are green like the Autumnal grass and there is a small old green school desk used as a writing table.Moreover there is a cupboard, a large ceiling fun and mosquito screen at the window. The bathroom is ensuite and spacious. It has two washbasins and a hydromassage shower. There is also an old night-stand in marble which has been in the owners’ family for generations. Sleeps 2.
- Summer room: downstairs, you enter a small porch and you are inside the Camera Estate. Here guests are welcome by a particular light filtered by a glass panel that is painted with red poppies. The bed in this room has rustic canopy made from linen, ropes and wooden logs. The comfortable bed is 190 x 160 cm. The antique bedside tables were a present from an elderly aunt. The table is a modified base of an older Singer sewing machine. In addition there is a wardrobe. At the French window there is a mosquito screen. In contrast to the room there is a modern ensuite shower room. Sleeps 2. On request it is possible to add a single bed.
The owners cultivate officinal plants for herbal infusions as well. During the Summer it is very easy to see the orange flowers of Calendula, the blue of Cornflowers and the green of Mint or Thyme outside the windows.
The Motorway is A1 Milan-Naples, closest exit Chiusi-Chianciano Terme
Perugia San Francesco d’Assisi 92 Km
Florence “Amerigo Vespucci” 140 Km
Rome Fiumicino 210 km
Places of interest in the surroundings:
Bagno Vignoni, famous for its “thermal water square”: an ancient bath with hot water in the middle of the village, 5 km
San Quirico d’Orcia, a stop on the Via Francigena, is surrounded by the old walls and gateways, 7 km
Pienza, famous for being “the ideal Renaissance town”, higt on the top of the Val d’Orcia hills, 9 km
Montalcino, charming medieval village, surrounded by the walls and overlooked by dominating fortress dating from 1361, 21 km
Montepulciano, unique medieval village with a breathtaking view of the surrounding countryside, 20 km
AMENITIES & FACILITIESAMENITIES & FACILITIES
- Private pool (6×12 mt)
- Umbrellas, sun beds and loungers
- Outdoor furniture
- Ceiling fans in the bedrooms
- Mosquito screens in the bedrooms
- Hydromassage shower
- Electric kettle
- Tea/Coffe Maker
- WiFi available in all areas
- Private parking
- Flat-screen TV
- Family rooms
- Ironing facilities
- in house chef
- cooking lessons
- Pets allowed
- Smoking is allowed in outdoor areas
Slc EXCLUSIVEWith a minimum of 7 nights-stay, complimentary welcome pack with organic products produced by owners!
Editorial note: In this page, it can be used pictures with illustrative purposes taken from Internet, and then evaluated as public domain. If the authors, or the entitled persons, would disagree with the relative publication, they will have just to advise at the e-mail address email@example.com, and we well provide for the immediate cancellation of the relative picture.
Nota editoriale:In questa pagina possono essere state usate immagini a scopo illustrativo prese da Internet, e quindi valutate di pubblico dominio. Se gli autori, o chi ne abbia diritto, avessero qualcosa in contrario alla pubblicazione, non avranno che da segnalarlo all'indirizzo e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, e si provvederà prontamente alla rimozione delle immagini utilizzate.